Post Title: Communication and Social Media Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Duration of Assignment: 9 months
Type of Contract: Service contract
Application deadline: 30-December -2020
Together Foundation is initiating an empowerment project for persons with disabilities on the right to vote in the Parliamentary Election in 2021. Persons with disabilities often by documents and by public opinion are considered as the most vulnerable community facing strong prejudices, stigmatisation and discrimination. Because of this, the reports say that disabled persons are excluded from decisions making and sometime considered hidden persons for the society. The right to vote is a very significant mean for the public to express its will and to shape the society we want. It is a very good chance for persons with disabilities to make their mind and show up on the election station, not just as exercising an essential right but by using this opportunity they will decide for the social programs they want, the future development and to have a more inclusive society. The vote of persons with disabilities counts.
This initiative has a twofold approach:
- It aims to empower organisations of persons with disabilities and activists on their right to vote and be proactive in monitoring this right before, during and after the Election Day and influence the agenda of political parties and candidates.
- It aims to raise awareness among the community of persons with disabilities to exercise their right to vote
This initiative targets the municipality of Durres and through our activities, aims to strengthen the capacities of local disability organisations on electoral rights for persons with disabilities and to cooperate with them in drafting a manifesto and introducing it to political parties and candidates, monitoring accessibility in the polling stations on the election day and the public discourse of the candidates whether disability is included, and finally to prepare 2 policy briefs with all the findings for the municipality of Durres so that it can serve as a guideline for future electoral processes.
This project is on the frame of sub-grants scheme call “I participate! My voice, my vote counts.” funded by the European Union under the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) and implemented by the Albanian Helsinki Committee (AHC) in partnership with Civil Rights Defenders (CRD) and Institute for Political Studies (ISP).
Scope of work
The communication and social media manager in close collaboration with the project team will be responsible for preparation and implementation of a visibility and communication plan and assuring to run an awareness campaign in accordance with project activities and the aim of the project. He/She will help develop content and post materials on each channel owned by the Foundation based on a plan designed with the supervision of project manager.
- Develop a social media strategy and action plan of project communication;
- Advertise the campaign through different social media (mainly FB);
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s and proactive interactions on project related topics;
- Liaise with the team providing regular updates and seeking its input, advice and authorization to proceed;
- Research articles, stories, or other content that is relevant to the project and post periodically;
- Manage the creative side and analytics side of campaigns and demonstrate this through results;
- Ensure the compliance of ethical and confidentiality and other sensitive issues of the project and persons;
- Promote participation including disability matters and the diversability of information (whenever possible);
- Monitor adherence to specified deadlines;
- Actively monitor the campaign and social inclusion components;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Displays sensitivity for diversity and a culture of understanding
- Ability to fairly contribute in the implementation and monitoring of projects
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and inclusive practices
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positivity
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in communication field (journalism, public relations) or any related field.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to write simply with a conversational style (including diversity matters).
- Fluency to work in English and Albanian is required.
- Knowledge and experiences on disability issues and human rights are an advantage.
- Experiences with NGOs/DPOs are desirable.
- Experiences with election matters, an asset.
- Experiences in monitoring processes, an asset.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply no later than 30.12.2020 by submitting a CV and a motivation letter via email fondacioni[email protected] the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.