Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation specialist
Location: Tirana/remote (with possibility of traveling to Durres)
Duration of Assignment: 20 days (within 5 months)
Type of Contract: Service contract
Application deadline: 01 – February – 2021
Together Foundation is initiating an empowerment project for persons with disabilities on the right to vote in the Parliamentary Election in 2021. Persons with disabilities often by documents and by public opinion are considered as the most vulnerable community facing strong prejudices, stigmatisation and discrimination. Because of this, according to the report of Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities disabled persons are excluded from decisions making because of accessibility matters related to polling stations and voting materials. and often persons with disabilities remain hidden for the society. The right to vote is a very significant means for the public to express its will and to shape the society we want. It is a very good opportunity for persons with disabilities to make up their minds and exercise their essential right to vote which will bring them closer to becoming part of decisions about social programmes concerning them and a more inclusive future society.
This initiative has a twofold aim:
- To empower organisations of persons with disabilities and disability rights’ activists about their right to vote and be proactive in monitoring its implementation before, during and after the Election Day and influence the agenda of political parties and candidates.
- It aims to raise awareness among the community of persons with disabilities to exercise their right to vote
This initiative targets the municipality of Durres and the main its activities comprise cooperating with DPOs in drafting a manifesto and introducing it to political parties and candidates, monitoring accessibility in the polling stations on the election day and the public discourse of the candidates on disability issues whenever present, and, finally, to prepare two policy briefs with all the findings for the municipality of Durres so that it can serve as a guideline for future electoral processes.
This project is carried out in the frame of a sub-grants scheme “I participate! My voice, my vote counts” with financial support by the European Union implemented by the Albanian Helsinki Committee (AHC) in partnership with Civil Rights Defenders (CRD) and Institute for Political Studies (ISP).
Scope of work
The Monitoring and Evaluation specialist in collaboration with Together Foundation and under the supervision of project manager will be responsible to develop a methodology to monitor the exercising of the right to vote for persons with disabilities, including indicators for measuring accessibility and the inclusion in political parties’/candidates’ programs and public speeches of issues concerning Persons with Disabilities, and to prepare two policy briefs on such topics.
- An inception report related to the monitoring processes and preparation of policy briefs, including the methodology, work plan and timeline for implementation.
- Prepare 2 policy briefs drafts, In Albanian related to a) accessibility matters for persons with disabilities and b) inclusion matters to political parties/candidates’ programs, both of these to be discussed with project team (and relevant stockholders if necessary) and reflect comments/suggestions to the final version.
- Participate in a final presentation with stakeholders/institutions consulting the findings and discussions.
- Prepare two presentations in Albanian, of the polices including the analyses of these policy briefs, methodology, findings, recommendations and other relevant sessions.
- Submit final documents to the project team.
- Submit a final narrative report in English including main results, feedback on the process, lessons learned, challenges and recommendations for the futures.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Displays sensitivity for diversity and a culture of understanding
- Ability to fairly contribute in monitoring of the project and complete the deliveries on time
- Ability to keep good relationships with organization and partners
- Organize and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities and respect deadlines
- Deep knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positivity
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Respond positively to critical feedback and different point of views
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in social sciences or related disciplines.
- At least 7 years of relevant experiences (monitoring and evaluation) is required.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection and analyses.
- Experience on writing policy documents, research papers and orientation files.
- Good knowledge of Analyses Software’s.
- Capacities to work independently and in group
- Familiarity with social inclusion, including disability issues and experience with partnerships.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring implementation of disability rights and coordinating responses to disability issues is an asset.
- Full professional working knowledge, written and spoken, of English and Albanian is required.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply no later than 01.02.2021 by submitting a CV and a letter of interest via email [email protected].
 Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Concluding observations on the initial report of Albania, 14 October 2019